Sunday, May 1, 2011

playdates and loony moms

My son likes to hang out with a classmate, "D".  The last playdate, D came over here.  Colin was supposed to go to their house today, yet here I am listening to Super Mario Bros, and screeching that is loud enough to shatter glass. D's mom said the reason he needed to come over here was because D's dad, that does not live with them, is spending the weekend sleeping at her house.  She said he's leaving for Las Vegas soon and wants to spend as much time as he can with the kids before he leaves.  Hmmmm.  I don't get that.

He doesn't live with them.
They are divorced.
How do you spend time with kids while you're sleeping?

D's Mom talks so fast that I can't keep up.  It's almost as if she took her son's Adderall.  It's amazing to watch, actually.  I've been ignoring her phone calls because I'm not a big fan of D and wasn't up for a playdate.  He used to hit kids in their class.  Why can't my son make new friends?  I've begged him, but it's hard for my socially awkward kid to make new friends.

Hopefully next year, he will have new friends.

No comments: